Structural Fitter/Welder (day shift)
Looking to hire a Structural Fitter/Welder for full-time employment for day shift operation. Individual must be proficient in welding of typical carbon steel alloys using the FCAW process. Must have, or capable of passing, WABO “All Position” test using FCAW process. Will work under the direction of the Shop Foreman, must be self-sufficient and cable of building structural assemblies from fabrication drawings. Must be capable of following detailed weld procedures and have a good understanding of weld callout and symbols. Standard day shift hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must be capable of following instruction and working under the direction of others.
- Must be punctual and have good attendance and reliability.
- 1-2 Years of Structural Welding Experience, or strong technical background from welding or trade school.
- Capable of passing “All Position” weld test for plate/structural welding in accordance AWS and WABO.
- Capable of understanding and following weld procedures and callouts from drawings.
- Proficient with FCAW (Dual Shield) of structural steel and shapes.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of general shop practices and shop safety.
- Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and understand instructions and safety criteria provided in English.
- Must have ability to operate basic shop tools, tape measure, grinder, square, level etc.
- Have a proactive, positive attitude and a strong sense of self-motivation, accountability and responsibility.
- Must be able to complete tasks and projects on time, with a given amount of allocated labor hours.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
- Proficient shop math skills (accurate with decimals & fractions).
- Understand material and alloy callouts.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Knowledge of use of GMAW of carbon steel on 1/8” or thinner.
- Experience with FCAW (Dual Shield) of structural.
- Basic use of automated carriages for welding and cutting.
$21 – $25/hour DOE
- Paid time off, and sick/safe time accrual
- Medical, dental, vision insurance and 401k.
- Supplemental insurance available.