Pipe Welder/Fitter (night shift)
Looking to hire a Pipe Welder for full-time employment. Individual must be proficient in welding both carbon and stainless-steel piping using the TIG/GTAW or GMAW or FCAW process. Would work under the Night Shift Supervisor and is responsible for performing welds and assisting with fit-up. Must be able to follow outlined weld procedures, practices, and pass, at minimum, 6G Welder Performance Qualification (WPQ). Will also perform other miscellaneous shop tasks from time to time. Standard night shift hours are 4 p.m. to 3:00 a.m., Monday through Thursday.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must be capable of following instruction and working under the direction of others.
- Must be punctual and have good attendance and reliability.
- 1-2 Years of Pipe Welding Experience.
- Proficient in both TIG or MIG of both Carbon and Stainless Steels.
- Capable of passing 6G WPQ for pipe welding in accordance ASME Section IX (9).
- Capable of understanding and following weld procedures and callouts from drawings.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of general shop practices and shop safety.
- Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate and understand instructions and safety criteria provided in English.
- Must have ability to operate basic shop tools, tape measure, grinder, square, level etc.
- Have a proactive, positive attitude and a strong sense of self-motivation, accountability and responsibility.
- Must be able to complete tasks and projects on time, with a given amount of allocated labor hours.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
- Proficient shop math skills (accurate with decimals & fractions).
- Understand material and alloy callouts.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Experience with operating pipe or weld positioner.
- Knowledge of use of GMAW of carbon steel pipe in short arc, & spray.
- Experience with FCAW (Dual Shield) of pipe and structural.
- Experience with controlling pipe strain and pipe alignment with stainless steel piping.
$21 – $25/hour DOE
- Paid time off, and sick/safe time accrual
- Medical, dental, vision insurance and 401k.
- Supplemental insurance available.